The Amazon Kindle
We got the latest Amazon Kindle for Christmas and it rules… just imagine – clearing up all that space taken up by old, dusty books! The Kindle is the coolest device (well, besides the iPhone).
Kindle - Awesomeness!
- Slim: Just over 1/3 of an inch, as thin as most magazines
- Lightweight: At 10.2 ounces, lighter than a typical paperback
- Get books delivered wirelessly in less than 60 seconds; no PC required
- 3G wireless lets you download books right from your Kindle; no annual contracts, no monthly fees, and no hunting for Wi-Fi hotspots
- Global Coverage: Enjoy 3G wireless coverage at home or abroad in over 100 countries.
- Paper-Like Display: Reads like real paper without glare, even in bright sunlight
- Carry Your Library: Holds up to 1,500 books
- Longer Battery Life: Now read for up to 1 week on a single charge with wireless on, a significant improvement from the previous battery life of 4 days
- Built-In PDF Reader: Your Kindle can now display PDF documents natively.
- Read-to-Me: With the experimental Text-to-Speech feature, Kindle can read newspapers, magazines, blogs, and books out loud to you
- Free Book Samples: Download and read first chapters for free before you decide to buy
- Large Selection: Over 400,000 books, including 101 of 112 New York Times Best Sellers, plus U.S. and international newspapers, magazines, and blogs.
- Low Book Prices: New York Times Best Sellers and New Releases are $9.99, unless marked otherwise. When traveling abroad, you can download books wirelessly from the Kindle Store or your Archived Items.
Sound good? Well, get it!